Community Yard Sale? May 7?

PHCA Secretary

Apr 28, 2022, 10:29:36 PM4/28/22
to GoogleGroup PHCA, Gmail PHCA, President PHCA, Webmaster PHCA, Keith Callahan, Margot DeLapp

Dear PHCA & the Greater Shreve Road corridor:

One of our neighborhoods is contemplating a Community Yard sale for May 7 (see below).

I thought I would gauge interest in both sellers, and volunteers to do basic advertising/awareness.

We have some signage as long-time residents know; and had/have capability to do a google map of sellers.

If interested, please reply to: Poplar...@gmail.com

If a critical mass is achieved, I will attempt to coordinate and assign roles.

Falls Hill you are welcome to join the Bandwagon…

---Keith

Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 6:49 PM
Subject: [WPCA] Community Yard Sale

Hi Westwood Park neighbors,

A longtime neighbor and community volunteer, asked me whether we were going to have a yard sale this year, and I wanted to see if other residents were interested.

We're thinking Saturday, May 7 with a rain date of May 14. If you're interested, send me a direct email - I want to see how many potential participants we will have.

I'll hang our Yard Sale signs at the entrance markers, but I could use a volunteer to advertise it online (NextDoor and others).

Thanks,

WP Team

--

Message From the General PHCA Mailbox

Mike Paulson

Apr 29, 2022, 8:16:21 AM4/29/22
to PHCA Secretary, GoogleGroup PHCA, President PHCA, Webmaster PHCA, Keith Callahan, Margot DeLapp
I'm not sure that a huge yard sale covering 3 neighborhoods would be better than having 3 local neighborhood yard sales.
 As someone who likes yard sales both to get rid of old things and get new things, I would not be able to see other's yard sales if I had to have one of my own on the same day as others scattered nearby.  I think locally clustered yard sales are better both for sellers and buyers.

Thanks,
mike

--
You received this note as a member of the Poplar Heights Civic Association Google Group. To configure your profile, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/poplarheights?hl=en
---

mpaulson44

KATHY LANDERER

Apr 29, 2022, 8:59:47 AM4/29/22
to Mike Paulson, PHCA Secretary, GoogleGroup PHCA, President PHCA, Webmaster PHCA, Keith Callahan, Margot DeLapp

I think group yard sale would be great.

Please let me know.

Thanks,,

Katht

John Kosco

Apr 30, 2022, 8:39:15 AM4/30/22
to KATHY LANDERER, Mike Paulson, PHCA Secretary, GoogleGroup PHCA, President PHCA, Webmaster PHCA, Keith Callahan, Margot DeLapp
Having multiple families join in a community-wide yard sale usually brings a lot more traffic than a single yard sale.

Westwood Park is planning our yard sale for Saturday May 7. We will hang our yard sale banners at either end of Fairwood Lane, but if other neighborhoods want to join in and advertise that would be great.

Thanks,

John

Jeremy Hancock

Apr 30, 2022, 4:14:53 PM4/30/22
to PHCA Secretary, GoogleGroup PHCA, Keith Callahan, Margot DeLapp, President PHCA, Webmaster PHCA
I think Falls Hill will hold a community yard sale in the spring, but we’re not organized to have it next week.

--
You received this note as a member of the Poplar Heights Civic Association Google Group. To configure your profile, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/poplarheights?hl=en
---

PHCA Secretary

May 4, 2022, 2:24:47 PM5/4/22
to GoogleGroup PHCA, Gmail PHCA, President PHCA, Webmaster PHCA, Margot DeLapp
With a few exceptions there was no PHCA response, so there will be no coordinated effort.  However, feel free to 'tag along' with Westwood Park, as offered by John.

I've got some of our old signs - I can leave on my porch for the next few days.  Contact me at this email address.

Peace!
---Keith

John Kosco

May 5, 2022, 1:09:52 PM5/5/22
to Jeremy Hancock, PHCA Secretary, GoogleGroup PHCA, Keith Callahan, Margot DeLapp, President PHCA, Webmaster PHCA
Because of the rain this weekend, we are postponing the Westwood Park yard sale. We are looking at either June 4 or June 11 as possible dates. If any of the other nearby communities want to coordinate let me know which dates work best.

Thanks,
John