2019 Hit & Run Sentencing

Keith Callahan

Apr 7, 2021, 10:23:56 AM4/7/21
to GoogleGroup PHCA

PHCA Folks:

A friend in the local neighborhood sent me this, neither he nor I could definitively verify its accuracy.

It relates to the 2019 deadly hit & run incident near the pool on Shreve Road.

My heart continues to go out to the family and friends affected by this.

I am glad we collectively have worked (and continue to work) to improve safety throughout the Shreve Road corridor.

[ update below from Fairfax Cnty.  Interestingly, neither he nor I could find any google reference of this sentence.]
[note that Mr. Francis has a long 'rap' sheet and also thought the car was stolen . . .   w/ time served and good behavior could be a menace in less than 4 years. ]

David Allen Francis pled guilty to several charges associated with the Hit & Run from August 2019. All of the charges are felonies. He was sentenced on 9/23/20. It was unclear whether the sentences were to run consecutively or concurrently. He will either serve a total of 8 years or 10 years, followed by 8 years of probation. He will have an additional 31 years hanging over his head if he does not comply with probation.

Involuntary Manslaugher—DWI Related: 20 years incarceration with 12 years suspended (he will serve 8 years in prison); 8 years probation

DWI: 12 months incarceration with all time suspended; 1 year probation; driver’s license suspension; fine

Hit & Run: 10 years incarceration with 9 years suspended (he will serve 1 year in prison)

Possession of a Schedule I/II Substance: 10 years incarceration with 9 years suspended (he will serve 1 year in prison)

--

Stay Home, Save Lives!

Peace & Regards,

---Keith Callahan