Busy Morning at the PHRA Pool tomorrow, Saturday 7/24

PHCA Secretary

Jul 23, 2021, 6:50:41 PM7/23/21
to GoogleGroup PHCA, Keith Callahan
Dear Neighbors and Friends,

The PHRA Swim Team,  PH CRUSH has asked me to share the information below.  I see Falls Hill has already sent out a similar note, Thanks Jeremy!

For the first time in almost 20 years PHRA is hosting the Divisional swim meet. That's right, PHRA will be hosting 5 other NVSL pool's swim teams + ours. It's a great event.  Best part - you are all welcome to come and observe; like an open house, and the snack bar will be open to anyone. Fare is usually burgers, dogs, pizza, chick-fil-a, donuts, fruit and of course candy, coffee and other drinks.  Traffic and parking will be more than a typical Saturday swim meet and the meet will last longer, and there will be more coming and going, as many swimmers swim only 1 event and don't stay the full 7 hours.

Some key points shared by the swim team PHamily:

  • The last time PH hosted a Northern Virginia Swim League divisional meet was in 2004 I believe, so it's possible most neighbors will not be familiar with what to expect.
  •  Divisionals set-up begins at 7am and the event will likely conclude around 2pm.
  • PHRA has hired a police officer to help manage vehicle traffic.
  • PH Crush has also secured additional parking with Falls Church City's Public Works overflow lot.
  • We will have volunteers helping control vehicle flow/avoid parking in the posted "do not park" areas in and around the neighborhood.
  • Neighbors are welcome to check out the meet which will feature NVSL Division 11 swimmers including those of yours or your neighbors from the PH Crush Team.
  • We'd love you to feast at our snack bar which will be open during the meet with breakfast and lunch foods.
  • The pool phone number, for things like: lights left on, need a car moved, lost and found, cheer on your favorite swimmer, etc. is +1-703-237-SWIM (7946)
  • PHRA Website is very similar to ours; https://poplarheights.org/swim/

PS: Swim team parents for whom it is not practical to walk; please feel welcome to park on Wieland Place (off Shreve) . We can probably fit 20 cars if you park close.  2 of 5 homes are shareholders.  You are welcome to cut through my (2495) backyard, as Gustavo always did, to get to Buckelew and a short downhill walk to the pool.  We are behind the 4 'modern' houses just up from the pool, across from Hughes Ct. ---Keith

The weather looks like it will be perfect.

Go PH CRUSH
  • image.png

Message From the General PHCA Mailbox