Yoga Nidra for napping (spoiler: it's awesome)

FrozenKiwi

Apr 2, 2019, 11:43:59 AM4/2/19
to Polyphasic Sleep
Hi all,

In short: has any tried using Yoga Nidra as a napping replacement, and is it effective for use multiple times per day.

I've recently discovered Yoga Nidra as a napping companion/leader/sometimes replacement.  I'm on a pretty relaxed schedule right now though (DC1 of 3 + 3 + 20 mins) and it's more/or/less stable.  My nap is very inconsistent though, and I struggled to maintain this schedule until I discovered yoga nidra.  With Yoga Nidra even bad naps are effective, and in general I very rarely feel tired.  In fact, I feel like the recharge from yoga nidra is a boost that I rarely felt on any previous sleep schedule.

I'm considering shortening the morning core to 1.5hrs to get past some hectic deadlines though, and introducing a second nap during the day.  So far though when I do a second yoga nidra I don't seem to get the recharge I do from a single nap.  Has anyone tried adopting this practice for multiple times per day, or is there any thoughts on how to get around the potential slump?

Jazi Zilber

Apr 2, 2019, 7:04:00 PM4/2/19
to polyp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tip. Will try