Ruskin WX radio transmitter down

Matthew Stevens

Feb 15, 2016, 10:26:07 PM2/15/16
to Polk...@googlegroups.com
Don't know if everyone heard or not, but as of right now the transmitter in Ruskin is out of service for an unspecified period, due to technical issues.

NT7R

Feb 16, 2016, 5:22:48 AM2/16/16
to Polk ARES
I dialed in 162.550 last night on my HT to test an antenna and nothing. Switched back to my regular antenna and still nothing... This would explain why, lol.

Jim Stewart

Feb 16, 2016, 9:56:43 AM2/16/16
to Polk...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for posting, Matthew.  My radio did not go off this morning but my phone sure did with the tornado watch.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/rtimages/tbw/TopNews/PNS/TampaNWR_PNS.txt

Jim
W4XDS
W4...@outlook.com

--
POLK County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
POLKARES.org

Alan Bentley

Feb 16, 2016, 10:08:29 AM2/16/16
to Polk...@googlegroups.com
I can verify that the system DID go off this morning around 2:15 AM.  It scared the Bejeesus out of me.  As soon as the alert went off, the announcement followed.

Al Bentley
K2RXD
Winter Haven
Skywarn 393A