SKYWARN/CITRUS TOUR

Michael Green

May 20, 2016, 4:55:44 PM5/20/16
to Polk ARES

Greetings All,

This Saturday and Sunday the Citrus Tour bike ride will be using the WC4PEM repeater system for the rides tactical net.  The net will be in operation from 0630 hours until closed by Net Control each day.  This will be late in the afternoon, at least.

In the event of severe weather impacting Polk County I am asking all Skywarn members to contact the NWS direct using the phone number on your Skywarn card.  Please remember that this phone number is confidential and is reserved for active Skywarn members only.  Please do not give it out to others.

Please remember to call the NWS only with reports that meet their criteria.

This includes:

Hail of any size

Measured wind speeds of GREATER than 50 mph

Measured rainfall rates of 2 inches or more per hour

Flooding and flash-flooding

Rotating wall clouds, funnel clouds, waterspouts, or tornadoes

Any damage caused by high winds

Any damage or injuries that are weather related.

Please give reports in the Time-Event-Location Format

Jim (W4XDS – AEC OPS) has volunteered to monitor the LWRA VHF and the LARC repeaters in the event of severe weather.  He will also be on the NWS Chat.  While this is a good redundancy I would still ask that you call Ruskin direct with any reports that meet the criteria.

Thank you for all you do,

Mike Green

AG4LT

Emergency Coordinator