Weather Radio App

Matthew Stevens

Feb 23, 2016, 7:01:01 PM2/23/16
to polk...@googlegroups.com
Don't know if this is also available for Android, but there is a new app for iPhone from the people that made RadarScope, that allows you to use your phone as an impromptu weather radio. You can choose which NWS alerts you want to receive, for multiple locations, or have it track your current location and alert you wherever you are.

It's called Weather Radio, and costs $5 in the app store https://appsto.re/us/5eBPy.i
I went ahead and put it on my phone, and got it all set up for severe watches and warnings in Polk County. I haven't been alerted of anything yet, so I don't know what it sounds like. Looks like I may have the opportunity to find out tonight or tomorrow though.

Thought some of you might be interested.

Matthew Stevens
KK4FEM

Sent from my iPhone

Michael Green