EOC Field Day & potential Skywarn

1 view

Jim Stewart

Jun 2, 2016, 8:55:48 PM6/2/16
to Polk...@googlegroups.com
Good evening.

The Polk County EOC is planning on operating for this Field Day.  Robin, AF1RE, is heading this up but has been delayed up in Michigan.  We need some help getting this organized and moving.  If you can help out please let either myself or Robin  (robinr...@gmail.com)  know.

You have probably seen on TV about the potential for some weather coming into Central Florida early next week.  At this time we don't know how severe it may be - might just be a little wind & rain, might be much more - time will tell.  So keep an eye on it and make sure your radio batteries are charged and read to go.  And if you see some severe weather and don't hear a Skywarn net going - fire one up.  Script is on the website.

73's

Jim

W4XDS/WQOF877
Amateur Extra
Member/Director, Lakeland Amateur Radio Club
Polk Co. ARES AEC of Operations
ARRL OES
ARRL & Laurel VE
US Navy Veteran