Garden Reminders -- Tools, hoses and more

Jack Downs

May 14, 2023, 6:03:04 PM5/14/23
to Plattsburgh Community Garden
Penfield Gardeners,

We've had a few occasions where gardeners have left the water unlocked, left tools out or failed to correctly handle hoses. Please pay attention to these details and, for new gardeners, if you aren't sure what to do, ask for help.

Some related reminders:
  • Don't leave hoses kinked or in an aisle where they don't belong.
  • Never pull hoses by the wand. Always pull the hose.
  • Always shut the valve at the base of your hose when you are done watering. Then release the pressure from the hose.
  • Don't turn on a hose when someone else is watering unless you've talked with them. Two people should be able to water with moderate flow. Three will not work. Be patient and wait.
  • When you relock the water or shed, spin the dial so it really locks.
We should have more compost delivered this week. MLD is also hoping to bring woodchips soon.

And save the date for our Saturday, May 20 fundraiser. We need help with the street drive. Come by the Hawkins Hall parking lot. The drive will be running about 10 to 2.

See you at the garden,

Jack