Garden Update: Growing Season Underway

Jack Downs

May 7, 2023, 11:07:01 AM5/7/23
to Plattsburgh Community Garden
Gardeners,

The growing season is underway. If you haven't made it to work on your plot yet, take advantage of this sunny week to weed, prep and plant. A few notes:
  • We have four open plots at Penfield and a few available at PHA. If anyone know of any potential new gardeners, send them my way. And if anyone wants an extra plot, let me know.
  • This dry weather should make it  possible to get a wood chip shipment soon. Once we get new chips, we hope Penfield gardeners will renew their aisles.
  • We should have the water hose systems set up by the end of the week at both gardens.
  • The compost at Penfield is almost gone. Late comers can probably rake up a few pails still. We will eventually get more, but it could be a couple weeks.
  • This dry weather will also make it possible to move our debris pile. A contractor should be in to do it soon.
  • May 20 is our street-drive fundraiser. We are hoping for lots of help. We will be at the intersection of Cornelia and Beekman streets from about 10 to 2. Park in the Hawkins Hall lot.
Questions? Contact me at jdow...@gmail.com

See you at the garden,

Jack