Garden Updates: Thefts reported

1 view

Jack Downs

Aug 14, 2023, 11:19:09 AM8/14/23
to Plattsburgh Community Garden
Gardeners,

We've had a few thefts reported at Penfield. And this is the time of year we sometimes see vandalism.

We only have two good tools to help deter this behavior. But neither is a guarantee.

First, the more gardeners we have coming to the garden at a variety of times the better. Try to come every day if you can, do a bit of weeding and harvesting, and keep an eye out for problems. If you see someone who you don't recognize, someone taking produced from multiple plots, please consider speaking with them or at least documenting the experience and potentially reporting it to police.

Second, prompt harvesting helps. There is far too much ripe and overripe produce in the garden. Please watch your crops and harvest right away.

See you at the garden,

Jack