Garden update: Cleanup, equipment and more

1 view

Jack Downs

Oct 12, 2023, 8:03:53 AM10/12/23
to Plattsburgh Community Garden
Gardeners,

A few reminders as the season winds down:
  • All garden equipment, including pails and tools, should remain in the garden. Don't take anything home. And if you have removed pails from the Penfield garden, please return them.
  • The hoses at both gardens will be taken down soon. And it won't be too long till the water is turned off.
  • Our last work day is Oct. 28. Come  help with garden chores. Plan to have your plot fitted up for the winter by about then, although you may leave late crops in the ground as long as you like.
  • All posts, trellises and other constructions, with the exception of short boundary marker posts, must be removed by the end of the season.
  • Be sure to add compost to your garden as you clean up for fall. We have a big supply at Penfield. PHA gardeners should have some in the shed. Let me know if you need more.
  • At Penfield, don't let the debris pile flow out toward the garden. Push  your garden detritus well up onto the pile.
  • Also at Penfield, please take compost from the end of the pile and rake to the center as you go.
  • Finally, are you returning next season and want your plots back? Send me a note to that affect, with payment -- Plattsburgh Community Garden, C/O Jack Downs, 96A Oak St., Plattsburgh NY 12901.
See you at the garden,

Jack