Garden update: Shed Use, equipment, dogs and more

1 view

Jack Downs

Jul 23, 2023, 11:06:15 AM7/23/23
to Plattsburgh Community Garden
Gardeners,

Thanks to everyone who turned out for Saturday's work day. If you missed it, at Penfield please work on bad aisles. At PHA please pull the grass/weeds on the edges of the plots.

At Penfield, it is important to remember that you must put your name on and properly store any personal materials, such as fertilizer, etc. Someone left an open container of lime in the wheelbarrow, which has now been moved to a pail. If it is yours, please find your own container and store it marked with your name. And consider having your soil tested before you use lime to be sure you need it.

Also at Penfield we seem to have lost some pails, hand tools and larger tools. Garden equipment and tools are not to be removed from the garden.

We have a few somewhat neglected plots. With this rain, heat and sun, crops and weeds are growing like crazy. Visit your plot regularly. And if a board member contacts you about problems, please respond promptly.

Finally, we've had reports of unleashed dogs in the garden. If you see this, please photograph the dogs and, if you feel comfortable doing this, please let the owners know dogs are not allowed in the garden. Another option is to call the city police who can alert the animal control officer.

See you at the garden,

Jack