Garden Update: Work Day Delayed

1 view

Jack Downs

Oct 26, 2023, 9:57:59 AM10/26/23
to Plattsburgh Community Garden
Gardeners,

Because rain is forecast, and the garden is soaked from recent downpours, we will delay this weekend's work day by one week.

Instead, we will hold the work day Saturday, Nov. 4, when better weather is forecast.

In the meantime, please consider fitting up your plot for the winter. You may continue to grow late-season crops as you like; however, old and overgrown plants need to go. Right now we have too many large plants blocking and falling into aisles.

Likewise, all trellises, posts and other constructions must be taken down. Only small posts at the border of your plot may remain.

This is a great time to add compost to your plot -- once the soil is dry enough to safely work.

And remember, returning gardeners can pay their 2024 fee now, reserving their plot, assuming your phone number, email and address are not changed. To reserve, send your fee with a note to me at:

Jack Downs
96A Oak
Plattsburgh
12901.

A reminder, fees are $35 per plot at Penfiled and $25 per plot at PHA. Although there is no fee for PHA residents who garden at PHA, you still need to alert me if you want to keep your plot for 2024.

Best,

Jack