Garden Update: Pest Control and more

1 view

Jack Downs

Jun 15, 2023, 3:25:30 PM6/15/23
to Plattsburgh Community Garden
Gardeners,

We are having our annual surge of Leek Moth, Potato Beetles are getting started and Japanese Beetles are just around the corner. Make sure you use only organic and physical control methods for these and any other pests. There are lots of good resources online, talk with your fellow gardeners, or ask for advice at your local garden store or Cooperative Extension. Here are two links:
On a different topic, in case you missed the great news, the total raised on our street drive fundraiser was $892. Thanks to everyone who came out and helped.

Two more brief items:
  • Our contractor assures us that the Penfield refuse pile will be removed soon. Soon after the pile is removed, I will need some help getting and installing new stockade fence.
  •  MLD has promised us more woodchips soon at Penfield.
See you at the garden,

Jack