Spinning the Model 12 #2

Mike Mayfield

Oct 23, 2015, 8:15:50 PM10/23/15
to Pitts Model 12
Spinning the Model 12 #2.

Common sense disclaimer: everyone who has a Model 12 should be familiar with spinning and recovery techniques. It's not a nasty plane at all, just obedient. It just does what you tell it to do, until you tell it to stop.

In this video I start with a standard recovery, then do a "Beggs/Mueller" recovery technique, i.e., "hands-off" recovery. Both work fine, as expected with Pitts designs.

Next video I plan to show inverted spins.

https://youtu.be/5uUZ9CeX34A

Darin Bishop

Oct 28, 2015, 11:57:18 PM10/28/15
to pit...@googlegroups.com
Mike thanks for posting these, they are fun to watch and good motivation to keep working!

Darin