Can old soap link and config info stop website from functioning properly?

Tom Gleason

Oct 31, 2011, 4:40:31 PM10/31/11
to php-object...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I am not the original programmer on a website that I help setup and the programmer is no longer around. We have an interactive map where someone picks a company and then it fills in another page with all their company data from the MySQL database. I know nothing about this and was wondering if I should be updating something here (config file data below)? This code was written around 2007 and the site stopped working properly about 9 months ago. It's hosted on unix with Current PHP version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze32.0. In looking around, I found in my configuration file:

<?php
if (!isset($_SESSION)) {
    session_start();
}

global $configuration;

error_reporting();//2

$configuration['soap'] = "http://www.phpobjectgenerator.com/services/soap.php?wsdl";
$configuration['revisionNumber'] = ".4";
$configuration['versionNumber'] = "2.0";
$configuration['db_encoding'] = 1;

// edit the information below to match your database settings

Note: db settings here, correctly setup.

I'm just grasping at straws :( but thought I would put it out there as I had never heard of this coding.

Thanks for your time!

Crispy

Nov 1, 2011, 8:06:44 PM11/1/11
to Php Object Generator
The short answer is no.

the soap URL is used for updating objects using the 'setup' area and
isn't used otherwise during your application running.

you could check to see if the objects are functional going into the
pog setup, if you include it on your codebase.

www...com/setup

-Mark