Whats in the future for POG

Paris Paraskeva

Sep 20, 2013, 2:18:21 AM9/20/13
to php-object...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Been using POG for like 6-8 years now, it has helped a great deal to keep our code clean and easy to manage while dealign with MySQL! We have like 200 websites out there all built using our in-house CMS which is relying on POG to communicate with the database! POG has helped a lot and don't think we would manage without POG or anything similar!

I have recently started rebuilding our CMS, again, and improving things both in code and overall mvc design trying to keep things clean. One of the big things we are changing is instead of using php for our template views everything is using TWIG now which helps keeps out code even cleaner. This has actually helped a lot move php code from views to the respective controllers.

Anyhow i have been researching everything we are using and trying to see if there a better libraries or a better ways to do things. One of the things that i haven't found the need to research for better alternatives is POG. Well was until i foudn Propel! Popel CRUD code is similar to POG but things like versioning, internationalization, XML/YAML/JSON/CSV Import Export, Relationships made me look a lot more closely at propel! If anyone here used propel in the past i would love to hear their take on Propel.

So the million dollar question is whats in the future for POG? haven't seen any project activity the past few years.

Kindest Regards,

Paris Paraskeva
Managing Director
M.E. & E. United Worx Ltd
33, Apostolou Pavlou Avenue, Office 103, 8046 Paphos, Cyprus
Mob.: +357 99575501
Tel.: +357 26220707 , Fax.: +357 26221002
pa...@unitedworx.com , www.unitedworx.com

Joel

Sep 20, 2013, 11:48:09 AM9/20/13
to php-object...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paris,

Appreciate the question, and your usage of the framework for such a long time - and the answer isn't a very difficult one. On our end (my end particularly), the activity will probably not increase from its current level. I have moved on to other projects professionally and on a personal level and don't have any time to invest in adding functionality to POG.

I feel the current level of functionality is what I was trying to achieve when I started the project almost 10 years ago. Funnily, someone else recently asked me about Propel and my answer was two thumbs up. I think it's a great alternative and if you're looking for a new framework for your personal roadmap, I would say go for it.

Corey H Maass - Gelform

Sep 20, 2013, 1:29:31 PM9/20/13
to php-object...@googlegroups.com
I've also been using redbeanphp.com for quick development on new projects. A little different, but solves some of the same problems (quick development, automatic schema updates). Highly recommended.

Corey

//
Corey H Maass
Gelform
Web design and development.
Nashville, TN

IM gelform (AIM, gchat, Skype)

LAW Andy

Sep 20, 2013, 4:07:43 PM9/20/13
to php-object...@googlegroups.com
I've found that POG still works :o}

On 20 Sep 2013, at 18:29pm, Corey H Maass - Gelform wrote:

I've also been using redbeanphp.com<http://redbeanphp.com/> for quick development on new projects. A little different, but solves some of the same problems (quick development, automatic schema updates). Highly recommended.

Corey

On Friday, September 20, 2013 12:18:21 AM UTC-6, paris wrote:
[...]

Mob.: +357 99575501<tel:%2B357%2099575501>
Tel.: +357 26220707<tel:%2B357%2026220707> , Fax.: +357 26221002<tel:%2B357%2026221002>
pa...@unitedworx.com , www.unitedworx.com<http://www.unitedworx.com/>

//
Corey H Maass
Gelform
Web design and development.
Nashville, TN

em co...@gelform.com<mailto:co...@gelform.com>
ww http://gelform.com<http://gelform.com/>
ph 646/228.5048
fx 866/502.4861
IM gelform (AIM, gchat, Skype)

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Paris Paraskeva