POG setup using a Mac

Alan C

Oct 24, 2011, 12:28:20 PM10/24/11
to Php Object Generator
I am new to POG and using a mac, I have generated two objects, Phrase
and Words and want to use a many-to-many relationship, I could not see
how to make the setup work from my mac, so copied the sql from the top
of each file and pasted it into MyAdmin, which appears to have worked
ok. I can save phrases and words fine, and GetList too.
Where I am having difficulties is Add sibling, I have the advanced
relations pdf, but have not yet made it work.
Is there a worked example or tutorial anywhere?

Joel

Oct 24, 2011, 1:11:31 PM10/24/11
to Php Object Generator
Does your php setup allow session cookies? check php.ini and make sure
the folder the cookies are stored is writable.

To debug Add Sibling, make sure error reporting is set to E_ERRORS or
E_ALL, and you can also use echo statements within the classes to see
what sql query is failing.

Since setup didn't work, I suspect maybe not all tables were created
correctly. For instance, did the phraseword_map table get created?

hope this helps

Alan C

Oct 25, 2011, 3:45:13 AM10/25/11
to Php Object Generator
Thank you for responding, I'm adding this follow up about how I made
some progress as it may be helpful to other people.

I've produced two new objects that are very lightweight, Subscriber
with attributes name varchar and Magazine sibling, and Magazine with
attributes title varchar, price float and Subscriber sibling. Then
generated both and downloaded the zip files.
Uploaded the folders to my production server in a passworded directory
then adjusted the configuration files and run setup, in each case the
diagnostics said there was a missing object. So, I copied the magazine
object and put it into the objects folder of the subscriber folder
then re-ran setup. Success - I now have the setup done and can use the
lightweight interface.
Maybe I could have done that a different way, suggestions welcome.

I will now try out what I have with some very lightweight code before
going back to my project.

Crispy

Oct 26, 2011, 1:19:58 AM10/26/11
to Php Object Generator
It looks like you found one good way.

there are a bunch of tutorials here:
http://www.phpobjectgenerator.com/plog/tutorials

some discussions around parent-child relations:
http://www.phpobjectgenerator.com/plog/tutorials/119/advanced-object-relations

and when you may get into performance tuning or specialized queries:
http://www.phpobjectgenerator.com/plog/tutorials/157/customizingplugins

enjoy!

-Mark