This Friday night. . .

JasonMcElroy

Mar 20, 2008, 8:50:09 AM3/20/08
to Philly Vintage Motorcyclists - PhillyVinMoto
I'll be rebuilding and testing an early model BSA gear oil pump.

Motor build is coming along, latest step is oilling system check since
I spent so much damned time on the timing side bush and rod big end
fits.

First test of the oil pump revealed seeping from the body where the
nose meets. Would certainly rather have that oil going to the
crank ;-0

First suspect: OPRV. Used a later piston style and the spring seems
mighty stiff.

Fallback: another pump rebuild.

Anyone interested in checking it out, come on by.

Takers?

Jason

Skip Chernoff

Mar 20, 2008, 7:32:28 PM3/20/08
to philly...@googlegroups.com

Jason ,I'll try to get down if i can....Skip
> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 05:50:09 -0700
> Subject: [PhillyVinMoto] This Friday night. . .
> From: jasonp...@gmail.com
> To: Philly...@googlegroups.com

ramo...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2008, 11:46:29 AM3/21/08
to Philly Vintage Motorcyclists - PhillyVinMoto
I am finally free this friday night to come and check out the shop and
meet some other motorcycle heads.

Isaac

JasonMcElroy

Mar 21, 2008, 12:07:57 PM3/21/08
to Philly Vintage Motorcyclists - PhillyVinMoto
Cool.

See y'all tonight.

Jason