Quechup Invitations

Dave Young

Sep 1, 2007, 5:36:23 PM9/1/07
to Philadelphi...@googlegroups.com
My apologies for sending the earlier email to the entire group. If you have not already been flooded today with invitations to Quechup, you probably will shortly. They are a professional social network similar in concept to LinkedIn. When you sign up with them, they offer to scan your address book to see if there is already someone that you know within the network.

At least, this is the claim. What they are actually doing is spamming your entire address book with invitations as if you initiated them yourself. On some services, such as GMail, not only will the entries in your address book receive an invitation, but anyone that you have ever conversed with, as well.

Quechup has intentionally deceived their users by acting in such a dishonest and tasteless way. Please let your colleagues know to avoid this network.

Again, my apologies for the email blast. Have a great weekend.

Dave Young
Purple Stripe Productions
609 - 858 - 2016
SL: Phish Frye
dyo...@purplestripe.com
"Where Creativity Meets Technology"

Matt McGuirl

Sep 1, 2007, 10:15:58 PM9/1/07
to Philadelphi...@googlegroups.com
No worries Dave. Thanks for the heads up.

Matt