REMINDER: PFS this Wednesday, April 8th @ 6pm & an Invitation to the Wharton Evolution of Learning Symposium

Tim Allen

Apr 6, 2009, 12:38:28 PM4/6/09
to philadelphi...@googlegroups.com

We're pleased to announce the return of the Philadelphia Future Salon, on Wednesday, April 8nd, 2009 at 6pm. Please note, we're still meeting
at the offices of Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, but they have moved to Liberty Two!

The Topic:
Innovation, Philanthropy, and the Future of Health Care

This presentation will discuss a number of projects supported by the Pioneer Portfolio of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, one of the
largest philanthropies in the US.  The Pioneer Portfolio seeks to fund innovative and unconventional projects that might produce breakthroughs which could dramatically improve health and health care. The presentation will also present a window on some underlying conditions and trends that could have longer-term influence on how we pursue health and deliver health care.

Leading the discussion is Paul Tarini, a Team Director of the Pioneer Portfolio at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.

The event will take place at the offices of Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC, Two Liberty Place, Suite 3200, 50 S. 16th Street, on April 2nd, 2009. Please register in advance by sending your name to Frank Taney at franci...@bipc.com so he can provide your name to building security. The event starts at 6pm.

We hope to see you there, and feel free to spread the word.

Also, as many of you know, I've starting working for the Wharton School of Business for the past few months. Here in Wharton Computing, we have an entire department, the Learning Lab, dedicated to innovations in technology and education. This year, they're hosting The Wharton Evolution of Learning Symposium. The price is quite affordable, so I thought I'd pass this along. The people running it are top notch. Feel free to contact me - or the Learning Lab - with any questions you may have. If you are going to attend, be sure to get in touch so we can meet up for a bite to eat!

Regards,

-Tim

Whispered about in private conversations among faculty, administrators, and students…

Written about in the Chronicle of Higher Education and the New York Times…

Considered every day by people who work in and care about what’s happening at colleges and universities….people like you.

But now it’s time to get together and talk about it out loud:  the need to face and embrace the reality of rethinking the state of higher education.

On May 13, 2009, the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania is sponsoring a half-day, reasonably priced symposium on campus to consider the Evolution of Learning.  Join best-selling author Daniel Pink (A Whole New Mind) and a panel of forward-thinking educators for a discussion of how we can rise to the challenges facing higher education today.

Visit the symposium website for details, registration, and the opportunity to be part of the solution: http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/learningandtechnology

We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Wharton Computing