[PhilThreeten] Don't Click Here!!

PhilThreeten

Feb 6, 2006, 12:42:51 PM2/6/06
to PhilThreeten...@googlegroups.com
The link said "Don't click here," but you did anyway. You had lots of other choices on the internet to choose from, but you deliberately chose to go where you were told not to. In the midst of many 'Yesses,' you were attracted to the one 'No.'

This is similar to another incident a long, long time ago.

God made a wonderful paradise and gave it to Adam and Eve. They could go anywhere, do anything, enjoy the whole creation - with a single exception. One tree - the tree of the knowledge of good and evil - was off limits. However, just as you clicked on a button that said "Don't click here," Adam and Eve ate from the tree that was off limits. They chose to disobey God's warning.

When Adam disobeyed God, he brought sin into the world. Sin brought many terrible consequences, but the most terrible was death. Sin brought physical and spiritual death into the world. Death is not a cessation of life - it is a seperation: the physical from the spiritual; the spiritual from God.

The penalty for sin is death. But God was not satisfied to be seperated from the creatures that He had created - the creatures that He loved. Jesus, who is God, loved us so much that He left heaven, clothed Himself with humanity, and died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. Then He came back to life three days later to prove He had conquered death and that He is the only way to experience new life. He offers each one of us forgiveness of our sin. Jesus Christ is the only way to gain forgiveness so that we can live eternally in the presence of God. This new life immediately reverses our spiritual death and joins us back to God. This new life also will one day allow us to replace these broken physical bodies with ones that do not decay or struggle with our spirit. Through Jesus, death is reversed and life is given both immediately and with great hope for the future.

We must accept Jesus' gift of forgiveness, it cannot be earned. How do we accept this gift? Believe in Jesus Christ as your savior, the one through whom we gain access to God the Father. Your faith is all that is required.

If you have any questions about this or would just like to talk about it more, feel free to e-mail me at philth...@hotmail.com

--
Posted by PhilThreeten to PhilThreeten at 9/06/2005 12:27:00 PM