Faculty Position in History and Philosophy of Science, Technion, Israel

Dustin Lazarovici

Feb 24, 2022, 4:57:15 PM2/24/22
to Philosophy of Physics Discussion Club

The new research group for history and philosophy of science and engineering in the Department of Humanities and Arts at Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, is seeking applications from outstanding candidates for a tenure-track position starting from October 2022.

The program fosters research projects that link the humanities with science and engineering.

We are seeking to fill a position in the history and philosophy of science and engineering. We prefer research interest in history of science and an emphasis on ethical and environmental implications of technological developments. As we implement an embedded ethics program, interest in developing and researching such a program would also be helpful.

Candidates should have a PhD in one of the relevant disciplines and a promising record of publications. Training in one of the sciences is a significant plus, and interest in developing joint projects with faculty in science and engineering is highly desirable. The rank is open but we have a  preference for candidates in their early or mid-career stage.

Interested candidates should send a CV, a writing sample, a research project (2-5 pages), and should arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent, to Anat Glass at an...@technion.ac.il by April 15, 2022.

For inquiries, please contact Ohad Nachtomy at ohadna...@technion.ac.il.