EMCOMM

R.D. Marathon

Apr 16, 2014, 10:05:41 PM4/16/14
to PeoriaCo...@googlegroups.com
I read this article in ARRL ARES News Letter. I think it has a realistic view in making EMCOMM a workable reality.
Letters: Ability to Operate in a Net and Pass Messages are Critical Training
To follow up on the recent ARES E-Letter thread on training issues, probably the most important training an operator can have for participation in ARES would be informal and directed net procedures, the ability to receive, send, and relay messages, the international phonetic alphabet and use of plain language. Net Control stations need to know how to run an informal net and a directed net. An operator who is unable to fulfill these basic functions is a liability. They don't need to know the ICS or NIMS structure to do their job, but they have to know these basic radio skills. -- John Bloodgood, KD0SFY, Colorado Springs, Colorado