Nicro-Fico 6 wheel travel car

CAZ

Jan 23, 2019, 11:57:46 AM1/23/19
to Passport Owners
Gentlemen,

An attached photo shows a Nicro-Fico, 6 wheel traveler car that I wish to replace my old 4 wheel version. Jim Hennessy sent this to me. He upgraded to a new traveler system. My issue is that the 6 wheel is missing the triangular attachment plate that will connect to my main sheet block. I sent a message to Jim but so far no answer. Perhaps he is out cruising. Question: Have any other P40 owners used this 6 wheel version?
Thanks,

Capt. Bill Caz.
P40, Beau Navire
p40 traveler car.jpg

Michael Moradzadeh

Jan 23, 2019, 12:12:03 PM1/23/19
to CAZ, Passport Owners
I have used the 6 wheel version.  It's a modest improvement, though at some point you will want a new traveller.
There is nothing magic about the triangle plate. Any machine shop can make one for you, or get a triangular steel "ring" that might fit.  Or heck, even kevlar might work!

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

John Baudendistel

Jan 23, 2019, 12:26:15 PM1/23/19
to Michael Moradzadeh, CAZ, Passport Owners
Michael,

Brings back memories I believe as I think I gave you my old 6 wheel version off of Dream Keeper.  During the Pacific Cup you actually blew up the 4 wheel version that year.  Hence, the 6 wheel version spare came in handy.

For the plate needed a  Stainless Steel flat triangle with some rounded corners and 3 holes drilled in it would work.

I upgraded mine to the Harken Big boat 6:1 car system on Dream Keeper.

John B.
--
Thanks,

John Baudendistel

Michael Moradzadeh

Jan 23, 2019, 12:29:48 PM1/23/19
to John Baudendistel, CAZ, Passport Owners
Yes, it was very nice of you!

That too failed after several thousand more miles.  Hmm.  I bet it's at the bottom of a junk drawer somewhere.  If I see it, I'll say so.  Last seen 10 years ago.

Kenyon Stewart

Jan 23, 2019, 1:17:04 PM1/23/19
to Michael Moradzadeh, John Baudendistel, CAZ, Passport Owners
The best place to put those things is over the side...  I think mine went in the dumpster, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Mine was losing two or three of "riveted" wheel shafts when I replaced it with a Garhauer ball bearing system.  So smooth, like butter..

Kenyon

Michael Moradzadeh

Feb 2, 2019, 7:04:15 PM2/2/19
to Passport Owners
I FOUND my 6-wheel car.  Well, it's a 5-wheel car because it's missing one wheel.  The triangle is intact.  I can send you the car or the triangle.

Michael

alfredo manuel

Sep 4, 2023, 12:42:40 AM9/4/23
to Passport Owners
Hi Caz,   Any chance you still have the Fico 4 wheel mainsheet traveler car?  I have been looking for a Fico 4 wheel traveler car for the larger 37mm wide X track and would like to purchase if available. Thanks in advance.  Fred   alfredom...@gmail.com