P40 Chain plate and Knee Replacement "how-to" Reference Document

Matthew Davidson

Oct 14, 2021, 4:18:42 PM10/14/21
to Passport Owners
Hello Folks,
I am looking for feed back, tips-tricks-suggestions with photos to generate a good "how to replace Knees and Chain plates"  document. I have been assembling information from many sources of P40 fix's and repairs that have photos. There have been many other skilled repairs on this subject that have not been photo documented in detail. I am on a quest to build a single reference PDF file for folks to grab and dive into this challenging repair. The hope is to make a document backed by a host of experienced references to ease the process of figuring how to git-er-don right. Want to avoid figuring it out on the fly.

I have generated a number of other "idea files" of this type that are posted on the "Passport 40 sailing owners group" Facebook page for a reference location to grab a how-to file in PDF format for use.

This Knee replacement topic is something I am studying as it is in my future. Any Photo-Journal of how you fixed yours... I would gladly include as a reference in this future document. I gleaning Knee Replacement ideas from the Passport Owners site at this time.
Feel free to email me directly to mat...@anteccorproation.com with your descriptions and photos to help build this document.

Best regards, Matthew, S/V Wildflower 1983 P40 (AKA Wildfire)