Mariner Regal Stove

Neil Lynch

Oct 29, 2017, 8:22:52 PM10/29/17
to Passport Owners
We have a Mariner Regal Stove that needs parts,,, has anyone had luck getting spares for this or repairing?   Sparkers do not work, Pilot light in oven will not stay lit.  If not repairable, any suggestions on a replacement?  We are using the boat more and more and the lack of an oven is an issue.

Any advise appreciated!

Neil

Jon Ash

Oct 29, 2017, 9:55:40 PM10/29/17
to Neil Lynch, Passport Owners
The igniters  on my new force ten stove only lasted a few years. Using a propane grill lighter has been no trouble and saved the outrageous costs of replacement parts. It worked just as well when the oven igniter quit working. Good luck
Jon Ash
Caribbean Soul P40
Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

John Baudendistel

Oct 29, 2017, 10:01:29 PM10/29/17
to Neil Lynch, Passport Owners
Hi Neil
I just threw in the towel and replace mine with a Force 10 3 burner. My chef wife loves it.  And can start the oven.  We got 32 years out of it.  More than most.  New Zealand SS is long out of business.

Thanks
John Baudendistel

John Baudendistel

Oct 29, 2017, 10:16:04 PM10/29/17
to Jon Ash, Neil Lynch, Passport Owners
The lighters on the regal mariner are hollow tube not a wire.  The ignition is via a spring and some kind of spark.  Not fixable.  I tried for years.  Unless you retrofitted with electric modern style.   Also there is no safety systems on the old stove. Turn on the gas without a lit burner and the gas is ON.  Boom if your propane shut off is not working.

Thanks
John Baudendistel

Bill Schmidt

Oct 30, 2017, 12:07:19 PM10/30/17
to Neil Lynch, passpor...@googlegroups.com

Neil, this isn't about parts, but since you are regularly using the boat oven, here is a something we found and really find very helpful. We found that the oven temperature wasn't very even and was hard to use, particularly for baking. By shear chance while in the Mazatlan Marina where new condos were being built, we happened on some discarded marble counter top material. We put a slab of it in the oven on the bottom. The result was nothing short of miraculous. Oven temperature very steady and even throughout the box. Made usage vastly better.

Billy Manana

bill.vcf

Daniel Leach

Oct 30, 2017, 2:40:52 PM10/30/17
to Passport Owners
Ditto on the baking Stone. We've got the Force 10 3 burner.... And cutting a stone to oven size makes performance mucho better

Dan Leach
Endless Song

John Wither

Nov 5, 2017, 7:33:19 PM11/5/17
to Neil Lynch, Passport Owners

Hi Neil,  If you haven’t had any response to your inquiry, I have found my “Owners Manual” for the Mariner Gas Cooker and in the back it has a list of the repair parts.  A lot of the parts are Rinnai brand, and I believe Rinnai are still operating.  If you need the list let me know and I will send a scan of the page through.

Regards

John Wither

Neil Lynch

Nov 7, 2017, 12:55:50 AM11/7/17
to Passport Owners
John, yes, that would be most appreciated!  Neil

David Hilliar

Nov 8, 2017, 4:38:57 PM11/8/17
to Passport Owners
Hi
I would be interested in seeing the list as well.
 Can you put it up here as a file so we can see it.

David Pawley

Nov 11, 2017, 3:15:22 AM11/11/17
to Passport Owners
Hello John. W,
I would also like a copy or see a scan of the spare parts page, you mentioned for the Mariner Regal. I just love getting extra miles out of my equipment. my email is pawleyd(at)gmail.com
Thanks David P

John Wither

Nov 12, 2017, 4:00:16 AM11/12/17
to Neil Lynch, Passport Owners, paw...@gmail.com

Hi Neil & David,  Here is the list of parts for the Mariner Stove.  If you need it I could scan the whole manual.

Regards

John Wither

Perth.

Mariner Gas Cooker..pdf

Royal Venture

Dec 19, 2017, 2:54:10 PM12/19/17
to Passport Owners
Hi John,

Thanks so much for sharing this parts list. I also have a Mariner Regal stove and have been having a variety of problems that I'm working through. I don't have a copy of the manual, do you think you'd be able to share that as well? It would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Ashley

Anthony Burke

Aug 20, 2018, 4:33:21 PM8/20/18
to Passport Owners
Hi John,
Greetings from Queensland.
Just read the thread on stoves and was wondering if you were able to scan that user manual?
I would be very much keen to get it if you did.
Regards
Anthony Burke
SV Tanua p51

Galen Kirkpatrick

Mar 23, 2021, 5:48:41 PM3/23/21
to Passport Owners

Did John ever post the manual for the Mariner Regal stove ?  I am trying to get mine working again in the sunny state of California.

John Baudendistel

Mar 23, 2021, 6:34:25 PM3/23/21
to Galen Kirkpatrick, Passport Owners
Sorry never got to it.  Bought a Force 10.

Thanks
John Baudendistel