The splendors of holding tank repairs

Brenton Piercy

May 14, 2024, 8:35:14 PMMay 14
to Passport Owners
Had noticed a crack in the hose that goes from the holding tank to the through hull and some leaks around the head so decided to tackle the hose replacement and head rebuild. Yippee.

Last night was the chosen evening to start in on it so I gathered all the bits and got crackin. The hoses were the absolute worst part. Where I really messed up was the draining hose. That thing should've just been cut in half to get it out. My mistake was trying to pry it off the fittings which ended up destroying the bronze fitting attached to the through hull. Woof.
Here's the crack in the old hose.

And the damages done to the fitting. Though I've gotta say it was a way thinner wall (perhaps corroded away) on the barb fitting than I would have thought.

So now I'm on the hunt for a new 90 degree elbow and worried about getting this thing out with that bulkhead right there. More fun for the week ahead I guess.

Brenton Piercy

May 31, 2024, 5:10:20 PMMay 31
to Passport Owners
Well, got the pump on the raritan phii all put back together and am hoping to be able to get that all assembled back onto Perla this evening. What a project this turned out to be.

piston threads were hosed so I ended up replacing that part.

Bill Schmidt

May 31, 2024, 8:30:48 PMMay 31
to Brenton Piercy, Bay Area POA, Passpor...@googlegroups.com

One of the things we always carried on Wind Witch was a new replacement ph11 pump. Never leave off shore w/o it!

b.

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Brenton Piercy

Jun 21, 2024, 2:15:59 PMJun 21
to Passport Owners
Got this thing all put back together the other week. What a difference! So happy with how it turned out. Didn't even realize how bad it was until it was working properly.

The seacock attachment setup ended up being a bit wonky and I'm going to have to remake the wooden structure that protects the seacock from the anchor chain. But that's a simple woodworking project.

Bill Schmidt

Jun 21, 2024, 6:56:30 PMJun 21
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com

Nothing, but nothing beats success!