Bulkhead Repair / Removing Paneling

Keith York

Feb 5, 2024, 7:51:06 PMFeb 5
to Passport Owners
20230611_084909.jpg

Hi all - I'd appreciate some insights please. This might seem like deja vu. Feels that way to me. I fixed my port side knee issue this past summer and thought I had eliminated the issue with 'movement' in and around the port side chainplates but I did not I'm afraid. I was at anchor a couple months ago and still heard a lot of movement / squeaking cong from this area so now I'm of the belief that the bulkhead tabbing has been compromised. (I decided to focus on other fixes and, gasp, cruise for a while before digging back into this).
I've re-exposed all the work that was done in the pullman berth and it's still solid. I'm now feeling the need to tear out this paneling and get to the bulkhead if for no other reason that to prove to myself that it's fine. Has anyone successfully removed these vertical strips without breaking them? Is there a suggested trick? Furthermore - has anyone had to repair the bulkhead and how much of the boat had to be disassembled in order to do so? If that's in front of me I have some serious decisions to make. It'd be easier if I didn't live on my boat full time.