Doyle StackPack available

Marty McOmber

Mar 18, 2024, 2:52:33 PMMar 18
to Passport Owners
Hi fellow Passport owners,

We recently replaced our mainsail, and the new one didn't properly fit the Doyle Stackpack we had on our 1984 Passport 40 -- the headboard was higher and the sail foot slightly longer.

Before I try to sell the stachpack on ebay, I thought I would see if any of you were in the market for a used mainsail cover.

Here's a link to some pics with measurements: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dMpzAxAhCUDsxKFGA

Overall foot is 15' and the slides fit into the original Kenyon boom. The cover does require a loose-footed main.

The cover is in good condition and still has many useful years left in service. It was cleaned and re-waterproofed just about every year I owned it.

The cover was originally made for a Hunter 40 by the Doyle loft in Seattle, but the customer didn't pay.  The measurements worked for me, so I purchased it from the loft new in 2014.

The cover was repaired and reinforced in the area for the slab reefing lines by a professional canvas shop.  You can see the rectangular gray patch.  There is also some wear on the loops for attaching the lazyjacks.

The cover just needs a good cleaning -- the green is just typically northwest winter gunk.

Let me know if you are interested.  I'd be happy to let this go for $200 obo and cost of shipping.  I do have the two fiberglass battens, but they are probably not worth the cost of shipping so you would have to source those locally.  I will provide the measurements for them if helpful.

Cover only -- does not include lazy jacks.

Oh, I'm located in the Seattle area for any of you locals who are interested.

Cheers,

Marty McOmber
SV Rounder, 1984 Passport 40
206-335-92563