Question about B&G Autopilot

andy dancingimages.com

Oct 21, 2023, 7:36:49 PM10/21/23
to Passpor...@googlegroups.com, andy dancingimages.com
Hi Folks

Do any of you happen to have (or know about) the older B&G Blue T2 RAM drive for the autopilot?  I’m upgrading my autopilot system to a NAC-3 and Triton 2 and want to keep the older RAM drive to save some money as It was apparently working well.  But the clutch wiring connections on the NAC-3 (that say CMD+ and RTN-) don’t seem to relate to the ones on the RAM that just say 1 and 2.  I'm fearful of powering it up in case I blow something.

Would be grateful if anyone has any idea which connection would pop to which..  I’ve tried to talk to Defender, and B&G and Navico tech support people but get zero response.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Andy

Timothy Putnam

Oct 21, 2023, 8:38:59 PM10/21/23
to andy dancingimages.com, Passport Owners
Andy,
 I had really good luck with a B&G repair guy called Myles Electronic from Florida. Sorry I  don't have his number at hand but do a web search and you might find him.
Tim
S/V Jubilee
P41

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Michael Moradzadeh

Oct 21, 2023, 8:45:10 PM10/21/23
to andy dancingimages.com, Passpor...@googlegroups.com

andy dancingimages.com

Oct 21, 2023, 11:58:32 PM10/21/23
to Timothy Putnam, andy dancingimages.com, Passport Owners
Hi Timothy

Thanks for your help.

I tracked down The Myles Electronics guy you mentioned but unfortunately he has passed away. Thought you might want to know.

andy dancingimages.com

Oct 21, 2023, 11:58:32 PM10/21/23
to Michael Moradzadeh, andy dancingimages.com, Passpor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael

I just read that article it was interesting. I think his unit was even older than mine.  But I did join the Sailing Anarchy group and posted my question there too.  Thanks for pointing me in their direction.  Fingers crossed.