Bow Roller

Keith York

Mar 17, 2024, 1:22:53 PMMar 17
to Passport Owners
OK -silly question possibly. I searched all the existing posts and don't see anything about this.  My massively solid bronze bow 'roller' wheel doesn't roll.  I've taken the bolt out, pounded the roller itself out of the assembly with a hammer, because it's wedged in very tightly, and have cleaned the outside edges.  But it's wedged in so tight I'm certain it won't spin when I put it back.  Are they supposed to spin?  Is there supposed to be any kind of bushing that for some reason isn't on my boat?

Jeff Beller

Mar 17, 2024, 1:29:00 PMMar 17
to Keith York, Passport Owners
Yes, it should spin.  Mine does.  I occasionally have to lube the bolt when it gets sticky and I don't remember any bushing.  I'd suggest getting someone to machine off a bit of the side(s) to make it enough narrower.  Or put it on a table top belt sander (bronze is very soft) to take it down a hair.

Jeff Beller
s/v Journey

On Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 10:22 AM Keith York <keith...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK -silly question possibly. I searched all the existing posts and don't see anything about this.  My massively solid bronze bow 'roller' wheel doesn't roll.  I've taken the bolt out, pounded the roller itself out of the assembly with a hammer, because it's wedged in very tightly, and have cleaned the outside edges.  But it's wedged in so tight I'm certain it won't spin when I put it back.  Are they supposed to spin?  Is there supposed to be any kind of bushing that for some reason isn't on my boat?

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

Timothy Putnam

Mar 17, 2024, 2:54:33 PMMar 17
to Jeff Beller, Keith York, Passport Owners
I replaced mine with a Delrin one purchased at West Marine. Works well, spins nicely.
T Putnam
Jubilee P41