Selling or salvaging the Lottie B, Beverly, MA

meli...@gwi.net

Sep 13, 2023, 3:26:33 PM9/13/23
to Passport Owners
Hi,
Melissa Henerberry here, widow of Jim Henerberry.  Jim passed away last October from cancer mid way through an engine conversion.  As some of you may know, he was installing an electric engine, 4 batteries, and a generator.  After getting through probate, I had the boat surveyed in May and due to the unfinished project, as well the deck condition and some deterioration on the bulkhead on the starboard side, she was valued between $35-40K.

If anyone could offer advice on selling the boat or selling off parts, I would greatly appreciate it.  She is currently listed on Facebook market place and sailboatlisings.com for $39K.  I am a bit overwhelmed dealing with this as I didn't began to have the knowledge or experience Jim did.  Are there salvagers who will help sell off parts?  There were many equipment upgrades made in the last five years... don't know if that really matters. I would be happy to email the survey and or Jim's extensive work notes if helpful.  Again, I would be grateful for any advice.  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Melissa Henerberry

meli...@gwi.net

Sep 14, 2023, 6:19:42 AM9/14/23
to Passport Owners
Hi - my apologies for the oversight.  The boat is a 1987 Passport 40.  Here is a link to one of the listings. https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/101953

Melissa

Marty McOmber

Sep 15, 2023, 1:46:18 PM9/15/23
to meli...@gwi.net, Passport Owners
Hi Melissa,

So very sorry you have this to deal with during such a difficult time.  I hope you find a buyer who is willing to jump in and finish the projects and make the needed repairs.

Passport 40s are such a wonderful, strong and special boat.  You simply couldn't build a boat like it today because it would be so cost prohibitive.

I'm sincerely hoping that you find a buyer capable and willing to restore her to working condition.  All of the projects can be completed and the decks and bulkheads can be repaired.  To part out the boat and sell it off for scrap would be a huge shame.

I'm hoping some of the other passport owners here can offer advice or put you in touch with someone willing to consider buying the boat.  If we weren't located in Seattle, I know that I could find a few interested parties to tackle the projects needed and set the boats to rights.  Hopefully there is someone closer to your home who would be motivated to do so.

Thanks,

Marty McOmber

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply: