Quick Question: Air Draft on P42

Mark

Jun 21, 2023, 11:16:48 AM6/21/23
to Passport Owners
Sorry for the dumb question, i looked all over the web and couldn't find a post or answer, but what is the air draft on the P42 (assuming nothing on top of the mast). Yes i know it can vary a bit based on the boat.

Thanks

John Baudendistel

Jun 21, 2023, 12:24:22 PM6/21/23
to Mark, Passport Owners
Run a tape line up the mast to the deck. Add 6’ to the water.  Some 42’s have the tall rig others the standard rig.  It varies.

Thanks
John Baudendistel

On Jun 21, 2023, at 10:16 AM, Mark <markke...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry for the dumb question, i looked all over the web and couldn't find a post or answer, but what is the air draft on the P42 (assuming nothing on top of the mast). Yes i know it can vary a bit based on the boat.

Thanks

Passport Owners Association http://passportyachts.org
To post to the group, use "reply all" or send email to Passpor...@googlegroups.com
To reply to just the author, just use "reply:

dncr...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2023, 2:46:30 PM8/31/23
to Passport Owners
Our 1985 42’ we use 59’ as total air draft, which includes 18” of antenna.  We have a 6.3 draft.  We have not had any problems in aicw bridges from Maryland to Ft Lauderdale.  Miami has one bridge that we can’t go under.

Mark

Sep 13, 2023, 3:26:33 PM9/13/23
to Passport Owners
Great, Thanks!