Straw bale SIPs

Matt Wasse

Oct 14, 2019, 12:54:41 PM10/14/19
to Passive House Northwest
Does anyone have experience with 'bio-SIPs", a straw bale SIP? New to me and there seems to be a company in Canada but not sure if they are still around, Nature Built Wall Systems. Is anyone keen on using prefab wall systems for PH?

Thanks,
Matt Wasse
SWW

Adam Cohen

Oct 14, 2019, 3:20:46 PM10/14/19
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
I am keen on prefab, low carbon Passivhaus Legos for the envelope.

Adam Cohen

Passive Buildings Canada Regenerative Explorer in Residence
Certified Passivhaus Consultant - North America and Europe
Registered Architect NZ, ONVA, NC, MD, VT, NH & CO, NCARB, LEED AP, NAHB Green Professional

If you would like to schedule an appointment with me please use this link to my Calendar

YOU TUBE Channel, Passivhaus for Everyone, short 1-2 min illustrated explanatory videos

North America: 01.540.312.8400 (cell) Active Now
New Zealand: 64.022.596.4468 (cell) Currently not active, please use NA phone.

graham

Oct 15, 2019, 3:36:12 PM10/15/19
to Passive House Northwest
Similar to this, I assume? Seems like a promising idea. http://www.agriboard.com

Regards,
Graham

Floris Keverling Buisman

Oct 15, 2019, 3:51:42 PM10/15/19
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
image001 (1).jpg
image002 (1).jpg
191015 Ecococon with Proclima MENTO 1000.jpg
475 was involved with Ecococon's first project in USA - see photos - installed 2 weeks ago in NY.

Reach out to us if you have any questions. They are looking to grow use of their system in the USA.

Floris