Gurudeva's diary 15.12.2011

Srivas Thakur Das

Dec 22, 2011, 4:21:05 PM12/22/11
to Param Gati Swami English Forum
Dear Devotees
please accept my blessings
All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Yesterday was the disappearance day of Sri Srimad Bhaktisidhanta
Saraswati Thakur, the great Acarya who revolutionized the method of
spreading the message of Sri Caitanya Deva in Índia. The revolution,
which was continued by his beloved disciple Sri Srimad A.C.
Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada on a world scale.

It was Srila Bhaktisidhanta Saraswati Thakur who created the concept
of Brhad Mrdanga: when Krishna’s glories are chanted in the kirtan,
the sound of mrdanga can be heard in a limited distance. But Krishna’s
glorification through the books, can be carried the furthest nook of
the planet. Therefore he named this method “the great mrdanga”.

He was the first Acarya to explore this strategy in a massive scale,
to the point of printing a magazine, where different aspects of
Gaudiya Vaisnava Philosophy were published in a form of articles.
Nothing would satisfy him more than the book distribution, exactly the
same way that Srila Prabhupada taught us.

That is why on this sacred day of Srila Bhaktisidhanta Saraswati
Thakur disappearance, I appeal to all of you: please participate in
the December’s marathon.

There are many ways to participate: those who live in Temples go out
to distribute books full time. Others can go out on the weekends,
Saturday and Sunday, or on a holiday days.

Others who don’t have that opportunity, can buy the books and give
them as Christmas or birthday’s presents to the friends, family,
friends from work place or school, etc.

Even one, or two, or three, or four, or five, ten, etc…doesn’t matter.
Buy the maximum you can and give it to someone as a gift. The main
point is to propagate the science of Krishna Consciousness through the
books.

Therefore I ask you to meditate on that most profound desire of Sri
Srimad Bhaktisidhanta Saraswati Thakur and Srila Prabhupada: let the
people to have a direct association of Sri Krsna and the previous
Acaryas and especially of Srila Prabhupada through his books.

The world is suffering more than ever: simply by opening a magazine or
newspaper, watching in TV or internet, we can verify the pressing
urgency to spread this unique knowledge to the biggest number of
people possible.

Personally I am participating in the marathon. In India the emphases
is on the distribution of Bhagavad-Gita, more than anything else.
Other books are also being distributed, but the main focus is the
Gita.

After the marathon I will send the report on my experiences during the
Sankirtan in Índia.

To finish of, Sri Krsna says in Bhagavad-Gita:
Ya idam paramam guhyam
Mad-bhaktesv abhidhasyati
Bhaktim mayi param krtva
Mam evaisyaty asamsayah

For one who explains this supreme secret to the devotees, pure
devotional service is guaranteed, and at the end he will come back to
Me.

Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu would say:

ya-siddha krsna-prema sadhya kabhu naya
Sravanadi-suddha-citte karaye udaya.”

“Pure love for Krsns eternally established in the hearts of the living
entities. It is not something to be gained from another source. When
the heart is purified by hearing and chanting, this love naturally
awakens.

We will become very dear to Krishna if we make arrangements for other
living beings, who had forgotten him can meet him again through Srila
Prabhupada’s books.

This is my humble appeal to all of you in this month of December and
always. Hare Krishna!

PS: today I wanted to write an article about Nama-Hattas that I have
been participating here in Índia, but I felt inspired to write about
the book distribution because of Srila
Bhaktisidhanta Saraswati Thakur’s appearance day.