Fwd: ViMi5 - Second Circular

Lilit Pogosyan

Feb 22, 2024, 5:47:23 PMFeb 22
to paleop...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

Please find below an invitation to the fifth Virtual Micromorphology Meeting ViMi5.

Best wishes,
Lilit Pogosyan

-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
22.02.2024, 16:34, Vi Mi (vimi.mi...@gmail.com):

Dear friends and colleagues,

The fifth Virtual Micromorphology Meeting (ViMi5) is approaching fast. ViMi 5 will take place on the afternoons of Wednesday and Thursday the 24th  and 25th of April, 2024 (UCT+1) as a joint venture of the University of Innsbruck, the Austrian Academy of Sciences and the University of Vienna.

To register, simply follow this Zoom link and fill out the form. You will be asked to add information about your interests and what you could/would like to show at the meeting, but you can also just listen in. We will share workshop guidelines in the next circular.

ViMi5 will have a mix of sessions running in parallel: break-out rooms, live microscopy and methodological presentations. Thank you to everybody who has offered to chair one of these sessions! We will announce the final program in our next newsletter, but as a little teaser we are happy to share that we will have 12 break-out rooms with themes ranging from fumiers and earthen construction to anthrosols. We will also have a “What is this?” break-out room, where you can share your mystery materials and features, and there will be a break-out room dedicated to students and beginners of micromorphology.

We have 4 exciting presentations on method applications beyond standard thin section analysis and are open to more suggestions. A few slots are still open for live microscopy sessions, which do not need to be run only by experts, but also present a great chance for young students and beginners to share their analysis and get experts’ opinions. Do not hesitate to contact us at vimi.mi...@gmail.com if you would like to give a methodological presentation or run a live microscopy session, but not later than 29th February, 2024.

ViMi Student Prize for best microphotograph. The winner of this year’s contest will receive an engraved sampling knife and a print copy of a selected micromorphology handbook. If you want to participate, send your microphotographs along with a description to vimi.mi...@gmail.com.

A platform for discussion of micromorphology-related topics is available under this link (press the join button).

And if we forgot someone, or you know someone who would be interested in spending a few afternoons viewing, discussing, and sharing micromorphology, please feel free to circulate this information 😉

We look forward to seeing the community back on the screen!

All the best,

The organising team of ViMi5

Susanna Cereda, Mareike Stahlschmidt, Lyndelle Webster, Doris Jetzinger and Thomas Beard

Zoom link for registration: https://univienna.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5Uucu2pqj8rHdwB9tAWS7W-MXvqkHIw8k_n#/registration

Email: vimi.mi...@gmail.com

“What is this??” Discussion platform: https://groups.google.com/u/2/g/what-is-this2

-------- Конец пересылаемого сообщения --------