Fwd[2]: Fw: FW: The 200th anniversary of loess research and the 8th Loess Seminar in Wroclaw

Maria Bronnikova

Apr 22, 2024, 11:00:34 AMApr 22
to Paleop...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

Please find attached information on LoessFest-2024, marking the 200th anniversary of loess research.
Best regards,

Best regards,

--
Maria Bronnikova

Chair of IUSS Commission 1.6 Paleopedology
Leader of INQUA TERPRO Paleopedology Working Group

Senior Research Scientist

Department of Soil Geography & Evolution
Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences

From: Kaja Fenn <inqua.l...@129143586.mailchimpapp.com>
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2024 at 6:50
AM
To: Alfred Hartemink <alfred.h...@wisc.edu>
Subject: The 200th anniversary of loess research and the 8th Loess Seminar in Wroclaw

Dear Loess colleagues,

Below you will find the latest news that may be of interest to you.

Content
1. The 200th anniversary of loess research

Please continue to forward details of meetings, positions, studentships, and papers you would like me to share with the community by sending them to inqua.l...@gmail.com

Best wishes,
Loess and Pedostratigraphy WG Secretary
Kaja Fenn

1.  The 200th anniversary of loess research

We would like to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Loess research with several scientific events. The main event will be LoessFest 2024 in Mainz, organised for June 19th to 22nd.

As a prologue to this event the 8th Wrocław Loess Seminar will be held between June 15th and 18th. The meeting will be focused on "Remarkable Ideas and Personalities in Loess Research". We invite you to take part in this event and become a member of Scientific Committee of this Seminar.

The schedule is as follows:

  • Saturday 15th June - afternoon Ice Breaker
  • Sunday 16th June - traces of Richthofen's presence in Silesia (his place of birth) and a visit to the loess section at the famous archaeological site in Trzebnica (fresh, vertical, 8 m thick profile)
  • Monday and Tuesday 17-18th June - lectures and posters at the University of Wrocław and possibly a short field trip

More detailed information about the conference program will follow in the coming days. The first circular will be published on appropriate websites. Additionally if requested we will provide you with transport from Wrocław to Mainz on Wednesday, June 19th.

To register and express your interest please contact Prof Zdzisław Jary (zdzisl...@uwr.edu.pl)

Copyright © 2019 INQUA Loess and Pedostratigraphy Working Group, All rights reserved

President: Zdzislaw Jary
Vice-President: Kathryn Fitzsimmons
Vice-President: Qingzhen Hao
Vice-President: Brett R. Lenz
Secretary: Kaja Fenn
ECR Representative: Amin Ghafarpour
ECR Representative: Phillip Kerr
ECR Representative: Gabriela Torre

You can
update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

This email was sent to hart...@wisc.edu
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Inqua Loess Focus Group · N/A · N/A, N/A N/A · United Kingdom

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

LoessFest2024_Second Circular_final.pdf