MyPageMethods not generated

jcmag

Jul 16, 2007, 2:57:47 PM7/16/07
to PageMethods
I've followed your tutorial but the MyPageMethods is not generated.
Here is my method:
[PageMethod]
protected void ShowDetails(int HospId)
{
Debug.WriteLine("HospId: " + HospId);
}

The PageList.xml file is generated in the app_code folder and contains
the following:
<Page url="/FrmCustomer.aspx">
<Files>
<File name="FrmCustomer.aspx" changeDate="2007-07-16 18:56:38Z" /

<File name="FrmCustomer.aspx.cs" changeDate="2007-07-16
18:58:00Z" />
</Files>
<Methods>
<Method name="ShowDetails">
<Attributes>
<Attribute
name="MetaSapiens.PageMethods.PageMethodAttribute" />
</Attributes>
<Parameters>
<Parameter name="HospId" type="System.Int32" />
</Parameters>
</Method>
</Methods>
</Page>

But I can't call this method...

Thanks in advance

Fabrice Marguerie

Jul 16, 2007, 5:59:28 PM7/16/07
to PageMethods
Hello,

Which kind of web project are you using? A Web Application or a Web
Site?
If you use Visual Studio 2005's Web Site model, did you register the
PageMethods build provider in the web.config file? See the sample
web.config file in the tutorial.
If you use the Web Application model, make sure that the CustomTool
property is set to PageMethodsGenerator on the PageList.xml file. You
can also try to re-register the custom tool by using the file named
PageMethodsGeneratorVS2005.reg in PageMethods' folder (usually C:
\Program Files\metaSapiens\PageMethods for VS 2005).

Which exact version of Visual Studio are you using?

Please let us know if you find the solution.

Fabrice

PS : As a reference for others who would encounter this kind of
problem, there is an entry in the FAQ that addresses this situation.
See the question that starts with "I think I have done everything
right" at http://metasapiens.com/pagemethods/faq

jcmag

Jul 18, 2007, 5:13:18 AM7/18/07
to PageMethods
Web site model (the pagelist.xml file is generated in the app_code
folder)
I've registered the buildProvider in my root web.config (I have other
web.config in subfolders, does it matter?)
I'm using VS 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600), PageMethods 1.7.2.0, C#
project

On 16 juil, 23:59, Fabrice Marguerie <fabrice.margue...@gmail.com>

Fabrice Marguerie

Jul 18, 2007, 5:12:02 PM7/18/07
to PageMethods
I don't know if the web.config files in the subfolders are causing
this problem. Maybe you can try to compile without them to see if it
makes a difference?
Do you really need to use the Web Site model? It's seriously broken
for several reasons and I advise against using it if possible. The
traditional Web Application model is much more robust.

Fabrice