Web Application Projects with subprojects problem

1 view

LeeG

Nov 10, 2006, 5:19:12 PM11/10/06
to PageMethods
I was attempting to use PageMethods in a Web Application Project that
uses subprojects as described at
http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/archive/2006/07/01/652986.aspx

PageMethods does not appear to properly generate the URLs for the
subprojects. For example the proper path to a page in a subproject may
be:

~/SubProject/WebForm2.aspx?PageMethod=EditUser&size=50

but PageMethods generates the following instead:

~/WebForm2.aspx?PageMethod=EditUser&size=50

Has anyone else encountered this or know a workaround?

Thanks.

Fabrice Marguerie

Nov 10, 2006, 6:57:50 PM11/10/06
to PageMethods
I haven't tried sub-projects yet, but I think the "Base URL" setting
can be used in this situation. Could you try what is described at the
following address here and let us know if it works?
http://metasapiens.com/PageMethods/tutorial/Bases
I would try with ~/SubProject as the base URL.

I'll give a try to sub-projects and see if something can be done to
improve the support for them.

LeeG

Nov 13, 2006, 12:43:03 PM11/13/06
to PageMethods
Fabrice,

I tried your suggestion and setting the Base URL works. I also saw in
the tutorial how you could set the base namespace which is very useful
as I had some pages with the same name in the main project and the
subprojects so I now give PageMethods a unique base namespace in each
of the projects.

Thanks,
Lee

Fabrice Marguerie

Nov 13, 2006, 1:28:59 PM11/13/06
to PageMethods
This is great news. I'm happy I could help you :-)