1976 Kevin Joseph Hughes (60)

Mary Susan Taylor

Jul 26, 2018, 4:20:21 PM7/26/18
to Pacific Grove Obituaries

1976 Kevin Joseph Hughes (60)

Monterey Herald, CA April 11, 2018 (scanned)

December 13, 1957 - March 22, 2018 La Verne CA Kevin Joseph Hughes went home to be with his Lord and Savior Thursday, March 22, 2018. A devoted husband, father, son, brother and friend, he touched the lives of many with his kind heart, giving soul and steadfast faith. Kevin was born, December 13, 1957 in Okinawa, Japan to James and Mary Hughes. He grew up in Pacific Grove, CA and was an accomplished wrestler and football player at Pacific Grove High School. A follower of Christ, Kevin was an active participant in Young Life Ministries and The Fellowship of Christian Athletes and enjoyed guiding others to celebrate their love of the Lord. He earned his Bachelor's Degree at San Jose State University and built an enduring career in circuit board design. He lived and worked in Rohnert Park for many years, where he raised his children. After moving to Southern California in 2008, Kevin met and married Pam and settled in La Verne. Left to cherish his memory are his mother, Mary Hughes, his wife, Pam Hughes; sons, Brian Hughes, Dominic, Bryan and Joe Porreca; daughters Katie and Alyssa Hughes, Kelly and Michelle Porreca; granddaughter, Paige Porreca; and siblings Steve Hughes, Lori (Hughes) and John Begley, David and Vickie Hughes, Tom and Kristy Hughes. He leaves behind a host of nieces and nephews who he loved as his own and many, many friends.

IMO Page

https://www.rememberingkevin.com/

In Loving Memory of Kevin Joseph Hughes December 13, 1957 – March 22, 2018 Kevin was a devoted husband, father, son, brother, and friend to many. All of us lucky enough to have been touched by his kind heart, giving soul, and steadfast faith will feel the void of his passing. We take comfort in the fact that Kevin is now celebrating in the Lord’s Kingdom and giving us hope and faith as we begin this next chapter of our lives. Kevin’s family looks forward to celebrating his life with you. To assist us in planning appropriately for the reception, please use the link above to let us know how many people will be attending. Your RSVP is not required to attend the service. Please join us to celebrate Kevin’s life at Christ's Church of the Valley. We welcome all family, friends, colleagues, and loved ones to attend and treasure the memories of our time with Kevin. When:  April 5th, 2018 - 12:30pm Where:  Christ's Church of the Valley - San Dimas Main Auditorium 1404 W Covina Blvd San Dimas, CA 91773 If you wish to make a monetary contribution, please consider donating to one of the following organizations that Kevin supported. We thank you for your kindness and generosity. Kevin has supported the Bridges Pregnancy Clinic and Care Center for decades, donating his time to speak to students and support families through this faith-based organization. Bridges Pregnancy Clinic is a licensed community care clinic providing medical consultations, pregnancy tests, ultrasound exams, STD testing & treatment, prenatal care, abortion pill reversal referral and ongoing support services. Kevin’s love for Weimaraners led him to connect with Friends for Pets when he moved to Southern California and support them in their mission to provide safe homes and care for animals in need, leading him to adopt his dog, Darla, in 2017. In its 30th year of operation, the Friends For Pets Foundation is a fully volunteer, non-profit charitable organization dedicated to providing veterinary care, comprehensive evaluation and adoptive homes for Sporting Breeds who are abandoned, mistreated, neglected or left in pounds throughout California. Thanks to your continued support we have placed over 3,000 dogs in loving homes and continue our work.