1981 Joseph Martin Fernandez Jr. (52)

Mary Susan Taylor

Feb 25, 2018, 8:37:50 PM2/25/18
to Pacific Grove Obituaries

1981 Joseph Martin Fernandez Jr. (52)

Monterey County Herald, CA March 7, 2014 (scanned)

Joseph Martin Fernandez, Jr. (1962 - 2014) VENTURA, CA – Joey had a love of the sea. He had been fishing off the coast of California and the waters of Alaska since he was 17. As a boy, Joey loved to sail, ski, golf and swim. He was on the Barracuda swim team. He was a natural-born athlete, excelling in baseball. At the age of 14 he became a certified scuba diver. Joey leaves behind his parents, Joe and Donna Fernandez; his children, Joseph, Peter, and Gabriella Fernandez; his wife, Patty Ramos; his sisters, Andrea Fernandez (Craig) and Kristina Fernandez-Munoz (Jose); his grandfather, Don Griffin; and two nieces, Alexandrea Fernandez and Maria Paloma Munoz. Joey also has a large extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. Catholic Services will be held Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 2:00pm at Ted Mayr Funeral Home Chapel in Ventura. Donations are suggested to the Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.

Funeral home site March 2014

October 15, 1962 - March 4, 2014 Joey had a love of the sea. He has been fishing off of the coast of California and the waters of Alaska since he was seventeen. As a boy, Joey loved to sail, ski, golf and swim. He was on the Barracuda swim team. Joey was a natural born athlete, excelling in baseball. At the age of fourteen, he became a certified scuba diver Joey leaves behind his parents, Joe and Donna Fernandez; children, Joseph, Peter and Gabriella Fernandez; wife, Patty Ramos; sisters, Andrea Fernandez (Craig) and Kristina Fernandez-Munoz (Jose); grandfather, Don Griffin; two nieces, Alexandrea Fernandez and Maria Paloma Munoz. Joey will also be missed by his large extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. A Catholic Service will be held on Saturday, March 8, 2014, 2:00 pm, at Ted Mayr Funeral Home, 3150 Loma Vista Road, in Ventura with Deacon Ed Mills officiating. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association or The Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, P.O. Box HH, Monterey, California 93940. "We are tied to the ocean and we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch- we are going back from whence we came." JFK.  Arrangements are under the direction of the Ted Mayr Funeral Home. Condolences may be left at TedMayrFuneralHome.com.

Social Security Death Index

Joseph M Fernandez BORN: 15 Oct 1962 Died: 4 Mar 2014 State (Year) SSN issued: California (1977)