PR reporting?

1 view

Stephen, Eve

Sep 9, 2011, 5:20:34 PM9/9/11
to pt_u...@googlegroups.com

PTUG,

I’m looking for a simple way to report how many employee hours were paid with shift differential, and what rate they were paid.  (We have union employees, who might be paid different rates depending on which job they are working, or might be moving from one class to another, so we want to know what rate was paid, rather than what rate is current.)

I have various reports from LABOR$DATA that separate out Standard (1.0), Overtime (1.5), and Double Time (2.0), but apparently a shift differential (1.15) is calculated differently by the system.

Does anyone have a good report writer report to share?

Thanks,

Eve

John J. Kirlin, LLC
Celebrating 50 years
1960-2010

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of John J. Kirlin, LLC. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. John J. Kirlin, LLC accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Bauman, Dan

Sep 12, 2011, 3:03:49 PM9/12/11
to pt_u...@googlegroups.com

Eve –

I am not sure that there is any easy way to find this… I think we have done 2 things in the past, depending on how the time was entered (I am assuming that you are using the shift differential field on a payroll entry screen to specify the shift).

1.        Using PR CLASS RATE screen to specify the amount/hour – We have run a reports to show the normal rate of pay, and then a report of what was actually paid, then combined them in a spreadsheet and done a calculation to see who was paid on what shift.

2.       What we do now is setup separate classes that designate the shift, we still have some extra work to figure out the difference in rate, but it is easier to find those affected..

Although I did not see it, there might be something that can be done on PR JOB INFO or a Configuration parameter by Profitool to post that part of the cost to a separate GL which would help you get back to base vs. differential dollars.

Wish I could be of more help.

Dan

Groups "Profitool User Group" group.
PT_Users+u...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.ptug.org

Stephen, Eve

Sep 12, 2011, 8:08:12 PM9/12/11
to pt_u...@googlegroups.com

Dan,

Thanks for answering – I’m glad to see I’m not missing something obvious, anyway!  We do tend to get to the answers using our Monarch models and Excel vlookup formulas, but I figured I’d ask if there was a one-step report out there anywhere.

Thanks,

Eve