Running Profitool In A Virtual Environment?

Mitchell, Tom

Mar 4, 2011, 8:15:27 AM3/4/11
to pt_u...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Is anyone running Profitool in a virtual environment? We are planning to move to version 6.1.16 and have been told by Profitool that running in a virtual environment is not recommended. I’m looking for anyone who has tested, researched or is currently running Profitool on a virtual server. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

 Thomas Mitchell

 Information Systems Manager

 MGROUP

 122 South Wilson Avenue, Drawer D

 Fremont, Ohio 43420

 Phone:  419-334-3801, Ext. 3271

 Direct Dial:  419-355-3271

 Fax:  419-334-2011

 e-mail:  tmit...@mossergrp.com

Bauman, Dan

Mar 4, 2011, 11:00:26 AM3/4/11
to pt_u...@googlegroups.com

Tom-

We are interested in this also.  I owe a call back to Shawn Edstrom to talk about it.  Maybe we can schedule a Webinar/Call on the subject?  Anyone else interested in moving towards virtual or willing to share their experience with it?

Regards,

Dan Bauman

BIS Frucon Industrial Services Inc.

Information Technology Manager

15933 Clayton Road, Suite 220

Ballwin, MO  63011

Phone: (636) 391-4590

Fax:     (636) 391-4594

Mobile: (314) 413-3868

Mail: dan.b...@bisfrucon.com

http://www.bisfrucon.com

This e-mail may contain secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

Groups "Profitool User Group" group.
PT_Users+u...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://www.ptug.org

Hook, Brooks

Mar 4, 2011, 12:07:23 PM3/4/11
to pt_u...@googlegroups.com

I’d like to join the call, but can provide no experience insights – yet…..

Bauman, Dan

Mar 4, 2011, 12:47:01 PM3/4/11
to pt_u...@googlegroups.com

From Frank… Google Groups rejected his response…

From:        Frank R Broskey/TPJ
To:        "Mitchell, Tom" <tmit...@mossergrp.com>
Date:        03/04/2011 08:29 AM
Subject:        for some reason google groups rejected my response..

We run both our servers virtual using vmware's Vsphere and it runs great.
The only thing I have noticed is the isrewrite runs forever.  It
definitely added some time since moving from physical.  We are running
6.1.16 and  usually running around 40-50 users logged in.  If you  have
any questions give me a call.

Frank Broskey
Tel 412.807.2332

Cell 412.580-5396

Fax 412.807.2632

fbro...@pjdick.com
www.trumbullcorp.com

John Bolland

Mar 4, 2011, 3:11:54 PM3/4/11
to pt_u...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all

We are currently running 6.1.13 in production and are preparing to
upgrade to 6.1.16

Mainzeal virtualised the Profitool server in December 2009, with
Profitools help, in fact they did most of the migration for us.

We are planning to virtualise the WebInterface server in the near future.

We have experienced no problems as a result of this move and this
includes no noticeable increased time running isrewrites. We have a set
of 5 reports that we run regularly, taking a total of around 7 minutes
to run. This is the same time as it used to take on dedicated hardware.

We are using vmware's Vsphere

Regards

John Bolland | Programmer | Mainzeal Property and Construction Ltd |
Mobile 021 283 1011 | Phone 09 375 5386 | www.mainzeal.com

On 5/03/2011 02:15, Mitchell, Tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone running Profitool in a virtual environment? We are planning to
> move to version 6.1.16 and have been told by Profitool that running in a
> virtual environment is not recommended. I’m looking for anyone who has
> tested, researched or is currently running Profitool on a virtual
> server. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
>

> *//**/Thomas Mitchell/*
>
> Information Systems Manager

> MGROUP
>
> 122 South Wilson Avenue, Drawer D
>
> Fremont, Ohio 43420
>
> Phone: 419-334-3801, Ext. 3271
>
> Direct Dial: 419-355-3271
>
> Fax: 419-334-2011
>

> e-mail: tmit...@mossergrp.com <mailto:tmit...@mossergrp.com>

> Groups "Profitool User Group" group.
> PT_Users+u...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://www.ptug.org

The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) indicated above. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please let us know immediately. - Richina Inc. and Subsidiaries - Mail Gateway

Varoujan Adamian

Mar 7, 2011, 5:33:18 PM3/7/11
to pt_u...@googlegroups.com

I'm more interested in running Profitool in Amazon's Cloud.  It should work since PT used to offer a hosted service.

If we move in that direction, I may want to host the data locally.