Emerson (1911)

Rene

Apr 5, 2024, 7:40:14 AMApr 5
to Periodic table mailing list
In his table, Emerson includes two elements before hydrogen: either ether or the electron, and coronium; and two between hydrogen and helium: nebulium, and protofluorine.−

I believe this is the first time I’ve seen a PT showing where such four extra elements were supposed to fit.

Note how, after La, Emerson incorporates 13 lanthanides (Ce to Lu) as transition elements into his 7th period. He missed dysprosium, between Tb and Ho

"A, B and C" at the bottom right are supposed to be halogen emanations.

René

Emerson BK 1911, Helix chemica; A study of the periodic relations of the elements and their graphic representation, American Chemical Journal, vol. 46, pp. 160−210

PastedGraphic-13.pdf