Seamless contour maps of EN

名和長泰

Oct 10, 2022, 10:28:51 PM10/10/22
to Rene, periodic tabe mailing list
Dear René,

The contour lines of the connecting parts of each figure were misaligned because the figure was drawn separately.
I drew the contour lines of the connecting part again and overlaid them for reference to eliminate the discrepancies.
Isn't it a cleaner image with no patches?

Best wishes,
Nagayasu
EN 1188 LS contour map simple 1011.pdf
EN 1188 LS contour map colour 1011.pdf

Rene

Oct 10, 2022, 11:03:15 PM10/10/22
to 名和長泰, periodic tabe mailing list
OMG! Far freaking out! Amazing!!!
> <EN 1188 LS contour map simple 1011.pdf><EN 1188 LS contour map colour 1011.pdf>

Rene

Oct 11, 2022, 12:18:25 AM10/11/22
to 名和長泰, periodic tabe mailing list
The updated colours are so pretty!

名和長泰

Oct 11, 2022, 12:39:30 AM10/11/22
to Rene, periodic tabe mailing list
Dear René,

Thank you for the updated 'Periodica'.
Contrary to general EN column charts, EN contour maps seem to present a new "landscape" by "two-dimensional interpolation".

Best wishes,
Nagayasu

Rene

Oct 11, 2022, 1:19:00 AM10/11/22
to 名和長泰, periodic tabe mailing list
I am just about to send the updated draft article to another colleague for review, so your update map was very timely.

If anyone else would like a copy of the updated draft please let me know.

thank you, René

> On 11 Oct 2022, at 15:18, Rene <re...@webone.com.au> wrote:
>
> The updated colours are so pretty!
>
> <PastedGraphic-17.png>

Julio gutierrez samanez

Oct 12, 2022, 9:34:15 AM10/12/22
to Rene, periodic tabe mailing list, 名和長泰
Genial, profesor  Nawa Nagayasu, se ve con mucha continuidad.

Great, Professor Nawa Nagayasu, it looks very continuous.
Julio

El El lun, oct. 10, 2022 a la(s) 22:03, Rene <re...@webone.com.au> escribió:
OMG! Far freaking out! Amazing!!!

> On 11 Oct 2022, at 13:28, 名和長泰 <nawa_n...@kurume-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>
> Dear René,
>
> The contour lines of the connecting parts of each figure were misaligned because the figure was drawn separately.
> I drew the contour lines of the connecting part again and overlaid them for reference to eliminate the discrepancies.
> Isn't it a cleaner image with no patches?
> o;

> Best wishes,
> Nagayasu
> <EN 1188 LS contour map simple 1011.pdf><EN 1188 LS contour map colour 1011.pdf>

Enviado con Gmail Mobile

名和長泰

Oct 12, 2022, 11:17:50 AM10/12/22
to Julio gutierrez samanez, Rene, periodic tabe mailing list
Dear Julio,

Thank you for your encouragement.

In Japanese high schools, only the elements in the upper half of the periodic table are studied in detail, and it seems that there is a bad habit of neglecting the lower half of the PT.
The periodic table represented by a contour map seems to be able to see the entire periodic table impressively as if looking at a topographical map.
Although it was still in the middle of drawing, I turned the contour map, with Rene's lovely place name, into a postcard and handed it to the students. The students were watching as if they were seeing a rare "landscape".

In this way, the contour map of the periodic table suggests that even elements that are not studied in detail have their own individuality and that there is something characteristic hidden in them. I believe that this will have the educational effect of giving a bird's-eye view of the "whole elemental world."

FYI, I found something interesting.
You can handcraft a precise 3D map with the '紙岳('kami take', or paper mountain)' series.
It's in Japanese, but you can understand it with pictures and videos:

http://hoshiusa.com/

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?me=A3N7TSEN4GQJHX

I think that the PT contour map can be made into such a handmade 3D model kit.
What do you think?

Best wishes,
Nagayasu

2022年10月12日(水) 22:34 Julio gutierrez samanez <kut...@gmail.com>:
電気陰性度の等高線図+mLSPT 0924.pdf

Julio

Oct 13, 2022, 7:26:24 AM10/13/22
to 名和長泰, Rene, periodic tabe mailing list
Extraordinary, Professor Nawa, did not know this type of "modeling" with reliefs of mountains and mountain ranges, with the particularity that it can be offered and sold. It is also a business opportunity. You can do something like this with the map of the isotopes, which is a large island and several islands in its vicinity.

Greetings

JulIo

Extraordinario, profesor Nawa, no conocía este tipo de “modelismo” con relieves de montañas y cordilleras, con la particularidad de que puede ser ofrecidos y vendidos. Es también una oportunidad de negocio. Algo así usted puede hacer con el mapa de los isótopos que es una isla grande y varias islas en su cercanía.
Saludos

名和長泰

Oct 15, 2022, 11:11:18 PM10/15/22
to Julio, Rene, periodic tabe mailing list
Dear Julio,

Thank you for your reply.

When we were children, we used to make 3D maps with glue, cardboard, and chisels. There are many similar 3D maps of mountains, but "紙岳, kami-take" is a well-designed method, easy to make, and seems to be elaborately made.
"Kami-take" is made by 「星うさぎ工房」, 'Hoshi Usagi Kobo', or 'Star and rabbit stadio'. Located in Yamaga City, which is about 1.5 hours away from my house, Mr. Yuichi Takata's home is used as his workshop.
https://www.facebook.com/hoshiusa

Japanese high school chemistry does not deal with the charts of nuclides, but I tried to fuse the IAEA's and JAEA's. 5 sheets of A4 paper can be spliced together horizontally.
If you fold it at the marks, it will fit in A4 paper size.

Best wishes,
Nagayasu

2022年10月13日(木) 20:26 Julio <kut...@gmail.com>:
Hybrid Chart of Nuclides 1016.pdf