Re: [PNW Microwave] Re: Field Testing

James Christiansen

May 18, 2024, 9:39:26 PMMay 18
to Ray Cannon - W7GLF, PNWVHFS Google Group
Haven't heard anyone mention Mt. Elinor on the southern part of the Olympics.  I've been up there a few times.  End of road visits.  I think it is cut off from the north end of Puget Sound by the ridge Crag is part of.  Sees the rest of Puget Sound very well.  Can't recall Ceasars call but he goes contesting there quite often.  Even found him there in January.  Nasty trail to the top but the end of road would be good for what you are trying to do.  You enter the National Forest at Hoodsport.  Heading for the Staircase and take a right.  Map required for the first visit.  Just on the forest road at Mt. Washington would let you see further north.

If you are looking for a replacement operating location I think it would work out quite well.

Jim K7ND

On Saturday, May 18, 2024 at 03:26:22 PM PDT, Ray Cannon - W7GLF <w7...@qsl.net> wrote:

For those with Google Earth Pro here are some spots around Earthworks Park that could work.

On Sunday, May 12, 2024 at 1:58:33 PM UTC-7 AG6QV - Frank wrote:
Hello everyone,

Today we tested 10 GHz equipment bouncing signals on Vashon, The
Olympics, and the Foundlaroy ferry. W7GLF was at the beach at Three Tree
Point and N7FW and AG6QV was about a mile further north.This was the
first time Fred (N7FW) was able to transmit and receive signals and we
were able to test both SSB and FM.

We are now going to plan some longer distance attempt with either line
of sight or bounces. So for the next microwave meet in Burien we would
like for everyone to suggest  operating locations and possible dates
where you will be available to work multiple stations on 10 GHz and
other bands you might be QRV on. Bring the list of locations with grid
square (6 or more characters), address or coordinates so we can compile
a full list with distances and bearings between them. If you are unable
to come to the meeting on May 26th you can reply to this message with
your input.

- Frank

--
73 de Frank
CN87tl

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/PNW-Microwave/33ac2cf1-2e97-4251-879d-a79ad4240d82n%40googlegroups.com
.
Earthworks Park.kmz

Matthew

May 21, 2024, 8:34:58 AMMay 21
to k7...@att.net, Ray Cannon - W7GLF, PNWVHFS Google Group
All,
  Please post up dates when wanting to try longer distances.  I can get up to CN82pb at  6600' for the next month fairly easily, then mid June I have a spot at ~7500'.  Last year had a good duct and worked almost 300 miles to Mt. Diablo to the south.  Could see the duct formed in the smoke to the north, and would enjoy trying to work you all from down here.  Currently re-assembling the setup with 8w into a 30" offset dish.

~Matt
  KC7OOY

--
~The Voice of the Pacific NorthWest VHF Society~
You are subscribed to the Google Groups "PNWVHFS" group.

Nick Krachmalnick

May 21, 2024, 8:35:07 AMMay 21
to k7...@att.net, Ray Cannon - W7GLF, PNWVHFS Google Group
Hi All,

Here is a 1 1/2 mile road that looks like it would lend itself to PTP on 122 GHz range extension to over a mile without heavy traffic.
122GHz-A = Lat 47" 55'  15.40N  / Lon  122" 9' 3.44W
122GHz-B = Lat 47" 54' 45.28N  / Lon   122" 7' 16.79W

image.png

Our (Fred and I) usual spot in Marysville covers Rainier, Baker, Pilchuck, Cascades and Olympics.

73's

Nick
N0CYT