Saturday, 11 May, AU

Dave B.

May 11, 2024, 3:06:45 PMMay 11
to pnw...@googlegroups.com
There was another jump in the solar wind speed this morning about 10:30
AM PDT. Earlier it was in the 700 kM/s range then jumped to 883 kM/s. So
we'll have another "ringing" of the geo-magnetic field from this impact.

We certainly had our taste of this geo-storm last night. I have not
heard AU signals like that in many years. Had to go back to the old
analog modes, HI. There were good signals on 2M, but my amp kept
tripping out on me on CW, so n/c on that band.

The AU was so intense, that there were no decodes on FT8. Heard easily
the Q65 stations, but have a problem on the settings, no decodes. I see
last night there was one transcon to WW1L via Q65. The visible AU was
seen down in the FL Keys, pretty intense.

Regard usable AU here later, it is a matter of timing. When does the CME
wave hit and what time of day it is for us.

    GL de Dave, N7DB CN85uj

--
David Bernhardt
Boring, OR