VE7AFZ June VHF contest.

Mark Spencer

Jun 10, 2024, 11:27:24 AMJun 10
to PNWVHFS
  Only operated sporadically on Sunday from home for perhaps four hours in total ?  Managed to make approx 25 QSO's, mostly on 2M SSB.

Worked into CN79,CN85,CN87,CN88,CN89,CN97.   Was pleased with the turn out from CN79 (both fixed and rover stations.)

Worked 3 rovers AC7SG/R, VA7OTC/R, VA7FC/R.  Also heard KA7RRA/R but didn't work him, also worked a station doing a SOTA Activation (K7GYB) and VE7FYC who was setup at Cypress.

Listening to 146.52 FM, yielded an additional multiplier for me.   Made one 223.5 FM contact with my HT from my deck.

Band conditions were up and down with lots of cyclical fading on paths to the South.    Signals were going from barely readable to arm chair copy on an approx 30 second cycle at times.   Beam headings also seemed much more critical than normal and small changes in azimuth seemed to help a lot more than normal.   (I should probably think more about getting an easy to use rotor setup for my antennas when roving.   Something else to add to my to do list.)

Thanks to all who participated and special thanks to the rovers and portable stations.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ